Saturday, September 25, 2010


Is anyone else as nervous as I am with the new UB website? (http://www.ubalt.edu/admissions/) After three years, I am finally getting a handle on this one. The links are more concerning than anything else. Navigation is huge, especially for those like myself who manage a department's website and have to be knee deep in it's quarks all week. While it's not complete yet, the main interface seems very vague and, since first level links are on the top and left-hand side, I worry that the link locations won't remain consistently placed with each click. But perhaps I am worrying too much. I have confidence that UB's web architecture designers will surprise and delight us all.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea I don't really like that site either! I think there are too many buttons all over the place! And not only are there too many buttons...it's the buttons for the SAME information. I wonder ho much UB is paying the new designers for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the same designer that Stephanie sent us an email about this week? I think he was at UB doing a presentation of some kind. Did anyone go? I'd love to know if he took Q&A about the new site, and what he had to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for commenting on my blogs! I feel special...this is the same type of special I felt from my first Facebook poke....I hope this blogging thing is not as addicting as Facebook. hehe

    ReplyDelete